You may know that Copenhagen is the most visited Scandinavian city, and it is definitely not a cheap travel destination. In fact, the Danish capital can be expensive, but that doesn’t mean that you cannot explore the beauty of it in a budget. In this post, we are sharing a few tips that may come in handy for visiting Copenhagen in your budget.
- Find a holiday apartment. Yes, there are hotels that may not cost a fortune, but the pleasure of staying at one of the holiday apartments in Copenhagen is something different. You get to have your privacy, with all the services you need, even if that means paying a tad more.
- Choose the right location for your stay. While you can find serviced apartments and hotels on the outskirts or away from the city center, you may want to avoid that mistake. Østerbro is a good neighborhood that you can consider, which also has easy access to public transport.
- Get a city pass. You can always consider one of the city-passes that offer direct access to many attractions for free. This is a great way to save money, more so when you have finalized a few attractions.
- Check for Orange tickets. The Danish Railways offers Orange tickets at a discount on their website, and you can save as much as 50% or more on the actual price. Just make sure to print the tickets.
- Book in advance. This can be called the most cliché rule for travelers, but if you are coming to Copenhagen, you better book your stay at least a month ahead. It is also wise to have an itinerary in place, so that you can make the most of your time.
- Rent a bike. Copenhagen is one of the best places to take your bike around, and you can rent by the hour. Many bikes have in-built GPS, so you will have no issues navigating from point to another.
- Eat cheap. If you don’t want to spend on the expensive and fancy restaurants, we strongly recommend that you consider street stalls. Papirøen (Paper Island), for instance, has stalls that serve cuisines from different parts of the world. Nordic cuisine, especially Danish pastries, doesn’t have to be expensive either.
Copenhagen may not be a backpacker’s easy destination, but you can always get real value for your time and money. Check online and book your stay now!